top of page

Haven Health is a certified provider of the Healthy Texas Women program (HTW) which provide certain services at no cost for those who qualify. 

Healthy Texas Women provides a wide variety of women’s health and core family planning services, including:

  • Pregnancy testing

  • Pelvic examinations

  • Sexually transmitted infection services

  • Breast and cervical cancer screenings

  • Clinical breast examination

  • Mammograms

  • Screening and treatment for cholesterol, diabetes and high blood pressure

  • HIV screening

  • Long-acting reversible contraceptives

  • Oral contraceptive pills

  • Permanent sterilization

  • Other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections

  • Screening and treatment for postpartum depression

This program pays only for the services listed above. If a health problem such as cancer is found, you will be referred to a doctor or clinic that can treat you. If you are pregnant, you will be referred to a program such as Medicaid for Pregnant Women. You might have to pay for those extra services.

If you are currently enrolled in Medicaid for Pregnant Women, you may be automatically enrolled in the Healthy Texas Women program when your coverage ends. If you are eligible, you will receive a letter from Texas Health and Human Services confirming you have been enrolled in the Healthy Texas Women program. If you have questions about your enrollment, call 2-1-1 or visit, where you can manage your account.

You can receive these benefits if you:

  • Are a woman between the ages of 18 to 44 years old.

    • Women are considered 18 years of age on the day of her 18th birthday and 44 years of age through the last day of the month of her 45th birthday.

  • Are a woman between the ages of 15 to 17 years old and have a parent or legal guardian apply, renew, and report changes to your case on your behalf.

    • Women are considered 15 years of age the first day of the month of her 15th birthday and 17 years of age through the day before her 18th birthday.

  • Are a U.S. citizen or legal immigrant.

  • Are a resident of Texas.

  • Don’t have health insurance.

  • Are not pregnant.

  • Meet the following income requirements:

htw income_edited.png

Apply Online

To apply, you can fill out the application online here [en Español] or go to Once processed, we will need proof of:

  • Your identity.

  • The money you make.

  • The money you spend on child care and child support.

  • Your citizenship and immigration status.

Please note: This online application works on desktop computers, but not on mobile phones or tablets. If you are using one of these devices, other application options are listed below.

Mail or Fax Your Application

You can download the form [en Español], fill it out by hand, and mail it or fax it to us at:

Healthy Texas Women
P.O. Box 149021
Austin, TX 78714-9021
Fax (toll-free) 1-866-993-9971

After we receive your form, we’ll send you a letter asking for proof of your identity; the money you make; the amount of money you spend on childcare or child support; and your citizenship or immigration status. Examples of proof are listed below.

Apply In Person

You also can apply at a clinic that offers Healthy Texas Women services. Fill out the form at the clinic and you might receive services the same day. You can find a participating clinic by using the Find a Doctor tool to the right.

Pick up an application form at a Women, Infants, and Children (WIC) Nutrition Program office. Call 1-800-942-3678 (toll-free) to find a WIC office.

By Phone

You can apply for Healthy Texas Women over the phone by calling 2-1-1. We can take your call from 8  a.m. to 6  p.m. Central Time, Monday to Friday.

Examples of Proof We Need

Proof showing how much money you receive:

  • Paycheck stub or copy of a check from the last 60 days.

  • Forms that show that someone in your family is in a benefits program:

    • Your Texas Benefits Medicaid ID card for one of your children.

    • WIC verification of certification (this shows you are in the WIC program).

    • WIC voucher.

    • WIC / Lone Star Card shopping list.

  • A letter from an employer.

  • Court papers that show you get child support.

  • Unemployment benefit award letter or pay stubs.

  • Supplemental Security Income award letter or pay stubs.

Proof showing how much you pay:

  • Receipts or income tax returns that show what you pay for daycare costs.

  • Court papers, canceled checks, wage withholding statements that show how much you pay for child support.

Proof showing your citizenship and identity:

  • A U.S. passport.

  • A certificate of naturalization.

  • A certificate of U.S. citizenship.

  • The three items above prove both citizenship and identity. If you don’t have one of these documents, you will need to show two documents, one from each list below:

An example of an item that shows proof of immigration status is an alien registration card or document from the Bureau for Citizenship and Immigration Services (formerly INS).

You have to prove citizenship, immigration and identity only one time. You don’t need to send these items again if you reapply.

htw docs_edited.png
bottom of page