top of page

Family Planning Program 

Haven Health is a certified provider of the Family Planning Program which provides certain services at no cost for those who qualify. 

The Family Planning Program is dedicated to providing accessible family planning and reproductive healthcare to eligible women and men in Texas.  The free or low-cost services offered through the Family Planning Program help reduce unintended pregnancies, allow people to determine the number and spacing of their children, and improve birth outcomes and overall health. 

The program offers a wide range of women's health and core family planning services, including:

  • Pregnancy testing

  • Pelvic examinations

  • Sexually transmitted infection services

  • Breast and cervical cancer screenings

  • Clinical breast examination

  • Mammograms

  • Screening for cholesterol, diabetes, and high blood pressure

  • HIV screening

  • Long-acting reversible contraceptives

  • Oral contraceptive pills

  • Permanent sterilization

  • Other contraceptive methods such as condoms, diaphragm, vaginal spermicide, and injections

  • Natural family planning counseling

  • Limited prenatal benefits

You may receive these benefits if you:

  • Are a male or female.

  • Are a resident of Texas.

  • Are 64 or younger.

  • Meet the following income requirements: 

FP eligibility_edited.png

Apply In Person

If you meet the above qualifications, use the search form on the right to find a clinic near you. Make an appointment, and the staff will meet with you onsite to determine your eligibility. If you qualify, you might be able to receive services the same day. You might be required to provide proof of income during the initial visit.

Examples of Proof of Income

Proof showing how much money you receive:

  • Paycheck stub or copy of a check from the last 60 days.

  • Forms that show that someone in your family is in a benefits program:

    • Your Texas Benefits Medicaid ID card for one of your children.

    • WIC verification of certification (this shows you are in the WIC program).

    • WIC voucher.

    • WIC / Lone Star Card shopping list.

  • A letter from an employer.

  • Court papers that show you get child support.

  • Unemployment benefit award letter or pay stubs.

  • Supplemental Security Income award letter or pay stubs

Proof showing how much you pay:

  • Receipts or income tax returns that show what you pay for daycare costs.

  • Court papers, canceled checks or wage withholding statements that show how much you pay for child support.

If you need help, please call (512) 776-7796 or 2-1-1 for help.

bottom of page